Top 5 Collagen Rich Foods for wrinkle free Skin and Hair

Collagen Rich Foods for Skin and Hair


In this article, I'm, going to be giving you my top 5 collagen rich foods that you can add to your diet for better skin and hair collagen is a protein found throughout the human body. It makes for our connective tissues, our skin, our hair and also our nails and our joints.

After the age of 25, our bodies start producing less and less collagen every year, and it is this lack in collagen that leads to wrinkles, thinning, hair and joint pain. The good news is, there are foods that are rich in collagen that can help to boost your production.

In this article, I'm, going to give you my top 5 foods that are high in collagen that you can add into your diet, starting today.

If you like this article, feel free to share and make sure to subscribe my newsletter and make sure to follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

What is collagen? - Types of collagen.


collagen enriched foods

The topic of today is collagen and how you can include it in your diet to improve not only the health of your skin and your hair, but your nails and joints as well. There are three main types of collagen type, 1 type, 2 and type 3.

Each of these types is beneficial for different parts of the body. Type 1 and type 3 are often found together, and these are most beneficial for your hair. Your skin and your nails, type 1 and type 3 together make up 90 % of the total collagen.

In your body and then type 2 is most beneficial for your joints. So if you're recovering from an injury or maybe you're, an athlete you might want to prioritize type 2. So now I'm, going to give you my top 5 foods containing collagen for skin and tell you what type of collagen they are highest in and make sure stick around to the end of the article, because I am going to give you an additional tip for boosting collagen production that isn't that related

Top 5 collagen rich foods for Wrinkle free Skin and Hair

1. Broth


Collagen Rich Food

If you have done any research into collagen, you will not be surprised that bone broth is on this list. Collagen makes up almost 30 % of our bones, so it makes sense that bone broth is rich in collagen.

Bone broth is made by simmering bones in liquid for long periods of time. This simmering process helps the collagen to release. Now I've eat a lot of lists that have collagen boosting foods, but a lot of the foods on these lists do not actually contain collagen.

They just help your body synthesize it the foods or in this case the drinks that we are talking about collagen enriched foods today that actually contain collagen, and they contain it in a bio-available form that our bodies can use immediately.

Now, of course, you can make bone broth with any type of bones. Beef bone broth is highest in type 1 and type 3 collagen chicken bone broth is highest in type 2, and fish broth is highest in type 1. Making bone broth at home is super easy. You can buy premade bone broths to brands.

I really like our kettle and fire. They only sell in the US, though, and the other brand is meadow and marrow their bone. Broth is actually a bone broth concentrate so you add a teaspoon to boiling water and they're, an Australian company, but I think they ship worldwide.

I'm, going to link everything I talked about today at the end of the article. So if you want to check anything out afterwards, you can find it there, and I guess I should tell you how you actually consume bone broth, because I have got that question before you can heat it up and drink, as is straight out of a mug.

It is delicious. The other thing you can do with it is use it in your cooking. One of my favorite things to do is, but I have a tougher cut of meat. I put it in the slow cooker with a little bit of bone broth.

Let it cook all day long and that turns out so delicious. That is one of my favorite ways to cook.

2. Salmon skin


Collagen Rich Foods for Skin and Hair

The skin on salmon is another really good. Source of collagen out of the whole skin about 1/3 is actually collagen and it's, mainly type 1.

On top of that, the skin of salmon actually has the highest concentration of omega-3 of the entire fish, and this is in the form of DHA and EPA, which can benefit your skin as well. Epa specifically helps block the release of substances that eat away at your collagen, and fish collagen actually has a smaller particle size than other types of animal collagen, which makes it even more bioavailable up to 1.5 times other types of collagen. Yes, they are very bioavailable, but fish is just more so and you might be starting to see a bit of a trend here. The parts of the body which collagen benefits are actually the same parts of the body that it comes from in animals, so bones bone broth, skin salmon skin.

So when you're buying salmon or any fish for that matter, make sure to buy it with the skin on. Not only will your skin and hair thank you, but crispy salmon skin is so delicious.

3. Egg Shells.


foods containing collagen

I bet you are not expecting this one. It isn't actually the egg shell that contains the collagen. However, it's, the eggshell membrane, which coats the inside of the shell - and this is high in type one collagen.

Now you might be thinking how on earth am I going to eat egg shells and it's, actually pretty easy. You can grind them up using a blender or food processor into a really fine powder and add them to your food.

But please, let me stress that the powder it needs to be really fun and not only our eggshells, rich in collagen, but they are also one of the best sources of calcium as well further promoting the health of your joints.

One gram of eggshells contains about 400 milligrams of calcium, with the daily value for calcium being one thousand milligrams. So you really don't need to eat a large amount to reap the benefits. You can also buy eggshell powder or also eggshell membrane capsules.

4. Pork Skin


So this includes scratching, crackling and rinds, and once again, because these foods are made out of pork skin, it makes sense that they are rich in collagen and you can cook pork skin yourself.

I like to slice it up and put it in my air fryer. I do have a recipe video on that as well. You can also get pork skin if you buy a pork roast with the skin. Still on another option is to buy these products pre-made.

You can buy all of them on the market, but the one thing you have to watch out for is that they are not cooked in vegetable oil. If you eat pork, rinds cooked in vegetable oil, this is going to be counterproductive to the health of your skin hair nails, because vegetable oil causes DNA damage.

A couple brands that are good EPIK bar has pork rinds, which are available worldwide through I herb. These are cooked in lard instead of vegetable oil. These are delicious and an Australian brand is Pascal's.

Pork scratching these actually have a good amount of fat still on them and it melts in your mouth. It is so good.

5. Shellfish


wrinkle free Skin

Shellfish such as oysters crab and shrimp, are last on our list today.

These are highest in type one collagen and they are often the source for marine collagen powders, which are also available on the market, and those are my top 5 collagen rich foods for healthy skin and hair. 

6. Final Tip


I did say at the start. I had one final tip for boosting collagen production that was not related to diet, and that is red light therapy red light therapy is, when you use a device to expose skin to wavelengths of red and near-infrared light.

These types of lights, dim you, the mitochondria in our cells, to produce more energy, which leads to a great our collagen production.

It's, something I've, been using for the last year and a half, and there aren't, so many other benefits that go further than just collagen production. So if you want to check that out, I will link that up above as well, but relating to collagen, specifically, one benefit that I have experienced is the healing of scars that I have had for several years.

That is all I have for you today. Thank you so much for reading this article and if you like it please share it with your friends and family.